Some people feel ashamed of smiling due to their prominent gums. While everyone has their idea of what makes an attractive smile, such as how much gum should be allowed, the average smile will look “gummy” with 4 millimetres (4/8 inch) of visible gum tissue. If you notice that your smile looks gummy, you need to find out why. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your teeth and gums, then the correct cosmetic dental or periodontal procedures will be recommended.
If you are tired of how your smile looks because you see more gum tissue than you should, you might have wondered what the solution is. You can fix a gummy smile. A proportionate appearance of gum and teeth is desirable. Like those with more prominent teeth want more gum appearance, people with more gum tissue need more. But what about gummy smiles, and how can they be treated?
Could braces be the answer?
Gummy smiles have a variety of gummy smile treatment in mumbai options. If excessive gum is visible, it could be due to their bite or the location of their jaw bone. Orthodontists can correct the bite. Invisalign and braces are two options that can help reduce the appearance of prominent gum lines. Some dentists may use a temporary anchorage device in conjunction with braces. This implant is inserted in the jaw bone above your teeth and provides a fixed point where more force can be applied.
In extreme cases, orthognathic surgery may be required to correct the problem. If you have severe gummy teeth, your dentist may suggest braces up to one year before jaw surgery. Also, props are recommended for those with moderate to rugged gummy teeth. Before recommending an orthodontic treatment plan, each patient is assessed and considered. Your smile will look more straight, and your whole mouth will be healthier after it’s done.
Braces may be helpful in cases where the excessive gingival display is caused by jaw and tooth position issues or milder cases. Braces won’t be the best solution for everyone. Each patient’s situation is different. Treatments may include gingivectomy, veneers and crown lengthening.
If you have excess gum tissue due to an infection, or inflammation, your dentist will likely perform scaling and root planing (SRP). Once you have addressed the root issue, your dentist can help determine if you’re still a candidate for laser-guided gum sculpting.
Root planning involves the removal of bacteria from any tooth root. This involves removing plaque and tartar and smoothing the heart where it lies below the gumline. Scaling is the removal of tartar or plaque on the teeth’s surfaces above the gum line. Both procedures are crucial for maintaining good oral health and dental health.
An evaluation of your dental health and gum health will be conducted before any treatment. This exam will include digital images and a visual exam to determine if any pockets have formed. After the exam, the dentist will recommend the proper treatment to address your current issues.
Special instruments are used to remove plaque or tartar from your teeth. Dentists use the most advanced equipment for this procedure. The tool can remove the plaque from your teeth as well as the surface of the root surfaces.
Laser gum sculpting
Laser gum sculpting can be used to remove overdeveloped gum tissue and reveal more enamel. This procedure is also known as a periodontal plastic surgeon or crown lengthening. The dentist carefully removes little pieces of gum using the most advanced technology. This allows him to reach a higher-quality gumline.
The laser cauterizes your tissue to minimize bleeding. This will make the process much more efficient than traditional gum surgery. Your dentist will use the laser to improve your gum tissue so that your smile is full of healthy gums. The doctor can offer different types of sedation depending on your individual needs.
Laser Gum Contouring
Laser gum contouring is an excellent option for patients, especially when compared to conventional gum shaping.
- Lower discomfort: Because the soft tissue diode laser cuts as it cuts, patients feel minimal to no pain after a procedure. You can still get local anesthesia for your comfort. But it is rarely necessary.
- No bleeding: The laser removes extra tissue and seals the area—the procedure results in virtually zero bleeding for patients.
- Improved precision: The Laser incises very close to the gum line, which allows your doctor and you to perform the procedure with remarkable accuracy. This creates a balanced and pleasing smile.
- Faster healing: Laser gum contouring can be performed without stitches, and patients can heal faster than traditional gum contouring.
Laser gum contouring can help you improve your oral hygiene. Extra gum tissue can cause bacteria to build up, leading to an increased risk of cavities and gum disease. This area can be cleaned by laser gum contouring you can treat with Therapeuoclinic.
A gummy smile treatment, including Botox, is right for you?
Botox should be considered as a gummy smile correction surgery if you desire the following:
- To prevent pain. Botox is painless and requires slight recovery. You can immediately resume your daily life after treatment.
- Speedy results. After 3-4 days, you can see the full effects of gummy smile correction and treatments.
- A natural appearance. Experienced professionals will know exactly how much Botox you should use to achieve the best results.
- A customized smile. Botox might keep going for three to a half years. To keep your smile looking great, you can come back two or three more times per year if the results are satisfactory. To better suit your smile, you can choose to alter the number of injections given each time you visit.
To be sure that Botox is the gummy smile treatment, you must have a consultation. Book your consultation now to meet with a physician to review your medical history and decide if Botox will be able to achieve your goals.