This is a very common condition, wherein a microorganism called fungus which usually stays on the surface of the skin enters the skin through cuts, abrasions, etc., and starts multiplying themselves which can’t be handled by the body’s immune system. This causes a condition that is referred to as a fungal infection. The fungi generally grow and multiply in places and crevices where there is moisture and accumulation of sweat such as feet, groin area, scalp, lips, etc. among many other parts of the body.
Let’s discuss fungal infection that affects your scalp and can cause conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis, i.e. an attack of stubborn dandruff due to a fungal infection. There are many shampoos available in the market that contains antifungal properties. One such brand of shampoo ketomac is used to eradicate dandruff which is too stubborn and treat patches of the flaky scalp and other symptoms of fungal infection. This shampoo contains a medicine known as ketoconazole which is world-famous to have antifungal properties and aids in treating fungal infections of the scalp which cause either dry or extremely oily scalp or hair, dandruff, etc.
There are certain precautions that one must take while using this kind of shampoo for treating fungal infection which is as follows:
- The shampoo should be used in the exact measure as directed by your doctor, and complete care has to be taken about the scheduling of hair-wash.
- Pregnant women or those who are breastfeeding must strictly consult a doctor before using this shampoo as the research has not been able to be conclusive, however, due to its properties it must be used carefully.
- Also, there may be cases wherein this shampoo also would not be able to treat the infection or worsen the situation, in which case one must immediately speak again to their doctor as there may be a possibility that one may be suffering from any underlying conditions such as diabetes, cancer, HIV, and many other diseases that weaken your immune system and hence the healing process is comparatively very less or insignificant.
Now let’s discuss a rather not-so-famous fungal infection of the lip. In most cases, the lip is attacked by another microorganism called yeast which overgrows and causes a condition known as candida albicans. This is majorly found in people that have an underlying disease that makes their immune system to be compromised, or due to a particular medication that is not agreed to the skin.
The symptoms are generally visually differentiable and can be inspected to find the following symptoms:
- One can notice cracks being formed at the corners of the mouth area
- The taste of any food appears to be foul
- Substances are formed which are either white or yellow and look like cottage cheese which are found on the tongue and interior parts of the cheeks, mouth roof, or gums
- There also may be some difficulty in swallowing along with pain in some cases
- Regular symptoms of fungal infections such as redness, sore body parts, and burning sensations.
The treatment to cure this lip fungal infection cream is prescribed by doctors which contain antifungal agents.