The end of eyeglasses. The frustration of contacts. LASIK is the most popular form of vision correction surgery, and for a good reason. It has proven to provide quicker recovery times than other types of eye surgeries and reduced pain levels. But how much does it cost? This article will discuss how much LASIK eye surgery cost and why you must choose it over other eye procedures.
Let’s get started.
What is LASIK eye surgery, and how does it work?
Laser refractive surgery comes in a variety of forms. However, the most well-known and widely used procedure is LASIK.
1. Farsightedness (hyperopia) is a disorder where you can easily see distant objects but not close ones. Light concentrates behind the retina rather than on it, and when you have one shorter than usual eyeball or even an overly flat cornea. It causes blurring in both near and far vision that the LASIK surgery can improve.
2. Nearsightedness (myopia) is a syndrome where you can effectively see adjacent things but not distant ones. Light rays concentrate at the front of the retina and obscure distant vision if your eyeball is somewhat unusually long or if the cornea bends too sharply. Ones near you can be seen more precisely, whereas far distant objects cannot. LASIK eye surgery helps in correcting the situation of myopia.
3. Astigmatism creates hazy eyesight in general. Astigmatism occurs when the cornea bends or straightens unevenly, disrupting the focus of close and far vision that is treated with eye surgery.
Why Must You Consider LASIK for Vision correction?
● It is less painful
LASIK eye surgery is a pain-free procedure since it does not involve the use of scalpels and sutures. Instead, the LASIK surgeon uses advanced laser technology to reshape your eye’s cornea (the clear, dome-shaped surface covering the front part of the eye).
● After LASIK, vision is practically instantly corrected
After LASIK eye surgery, the patient sees clearly without glasses or contact lenses. It is because, during this procedure, a thin flap of tissue is created within your eye that can be used to reshape the cornea using advanced laser technology. After LASIK, the recovery time for vision is quick and painless; most people can return to their normal activities (driving, exercise, etc.) on the same day as surgery.
● No bandages and stitches are necessary after LASIK
After LASIK, there are no bandages or stitches to worry about either. The procedure takes less than 15 minutes and is performed right in the doctor’s office under local anesthesia. Most patients report having a painless experience with little discomfort both during and after surgery.
Lasik eye surgery cost
LASIK eye surgery cost is typically between $1500 and $2500 per eye, though the price can vary depending on your location. Many LASIK providers offer financing options to help you pay for this procedure over time if it’s not something you want or need today. The average person will spend around $2000-3000+ after their deductible, and other out-of-pocket costs are considered.
The Bottom Line
LASIK eye surgery is an FDA-approved vision correction technique that has been used for years. This surgical procedure aims to improve your ability to see clearly while also reducing the risk of future damage or injury due to contact lenses and glasses. LASIK can be a good alternative if you are looking for freedom from wearing corrective lenses every day, but you must have realistic expectations before surgery.