Well, it totally depends on how they are baked. Some prefer apple pancake, some prefer Swedish pancakes. Some go for Waffles, some like Crepes. Let’s see which one is the best for you.
Pancakes: Pancakes are a kind of bread which is made in frying pan. Pancakes can be baked in many styles. American Pancakes Pancake contains a rising agent usually baking powder, flour, eggs, and milk to make a thick batter. Pour this batter into a hot surface which is coated in melted butter or cooking oil. Wait until it rises, then flip it. Your pancakes are ready. You can serve them with fruits, butter or maple syrup in breakfast.
Varieties of pancakes:
- British pancakes: British pancakes have three main ingredients in it, which are white flour, milk, and eggs. You may also add melted butter to it. The batter of this pancake is very thin. Sometimes it forms color during cooking, which makes your pancake dark. British pancakes do not rise and mostly served with traditional topping or sugar and lemon juice.
- Scottish pancakes: Scottish pancakes are same as American pancakes but are smaller in size and usually served with jam, butter, and cream. In the States, they are known as Silver Dollar Pancakes due to their size. They are usually served as dessert in Scotland. Scottish pancakes are available plain, fruit pancake with raisins, and thinner crumpets.
Waffle: Waffle is a French dish made from leavened batter or dough that is cooked between two plates. Waffles are eaten around the world, mostly in Belgium.
Varieties of Waffle:
- Brussels waffles: These waffles are prepared with an egg-white-leavened or yeast-leavened batter. Waffles are crispy, lighter, and have large pockets compared to other Europeans waffles.
- Liege Waffle: These waffles are dense, sweet and chewy. They are also known as hunting waffles, featuring with chunks of pearl sugar. Liege waffle is the most common type of waffle available in Belgium which is prepared in plain, vanilla, and cinnamon varieties by street vendors across the nation.
- Hong Kong Style Waffle: These waffles are also referred to as grid cake or grid biscuit. These waffles are usually made and sold by the street hawkers. Honk Kong waffle is similar to a traditional waffle but larger, round in shape, and divided into four quarters. These waffles are usually served as a snack with butter, sugar and peanut butter spread on one side of the waffle.
French toast: French toast is made of bread soaked in milk and eggs, then fried. Sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla are added to the mixture. These toasts are served with sweet toppings like jam, fruit or honey. Some varieties of French toast are Bombay toast, Eggy bread, German toast, Poor Knights, Gypsy Toast, and Torrija.
Crepes: Crepes are the type of very thin pancakes. Sweet crepes and savoury galettes crepes are two types of crepes. Crepes can be served with a variety of filling. Sweet crepes are made with wheat flour with nutella, preserves, sugar, golden syrup, maple syrup, whipped cream, custard, and fruit salad as fillings. Savoury crepes are usually made from buckwheat and served as lunch or dinner with ham, cheese, ratatouille, artichoke, mushroom, and various meat products fillings.
Crepes are usually served as breakfast but also popular as fast food or street food. Yorkville Crepes is one of the most popular restaurants for Crepes in Yorkville Cafe, Toronto. They serve a large variety of savoury crepes and sweet crepes. The atmosphere inside the restaurant is very relaxed and pleasant. The French Country decor, high ceiling, and tall windows are very attractive. If you are searching for a nice place for dine-in or delivery in Yorkville, then Yorkville Crepes can be the perfect destination for you.