In simple terminology, metal fabrication is the term used for several different methods of manipulating metal into a specific shape. During the process, metal forms are built by cutting, bending, and assembling separate pieces to construct machines or other metal items that can be used to support your home improvement projects.
Be it a metal frame fabrication or a newly shaped metal pieces that is welded together to make new creations such as shelves, furniture, and sculptures.
Any product that contains metal components has to go through some form of sheet metal fabrication. This process includes cutting, forming and finishing.
If you want to get a hold of your desired metal piece, you need to hire a metal fabrication service company that can offer you great services at affordable prices.
How Metal Fabrication Works: Simple Process
The process is simple. For example, if you are remodeling your home and you are looking for a steel corner guard of some specific size and shape for your newly designed wall. All you need to do is to hire a metal fabricator offering tailor-made metal fabrication services for your domestic DIY projects.
When using an online metal fabricator you can build the metal part you need right then and there by choosing the metal and the shape and entering the your specific measurements. If you cannot find the right shape provide the fabricator a drawing of what you imagine you want him to fabricate for you.
Once the blueprints are confirmed, the company will use its fabrication and storage facilities to build the custom shapes and sizes made out of metal such as steel, aluminum or other alloys.
Metal Fabrication Process At Glance
During the process, there are specific techniques that are being used by the fabricator.
Here are Steps Of Fabrication Process;
- Cutting: In this step, powerful corded drills, plasma, or laser cutters are used to slice metal and create shapes.
- Punching: Punching of heavy equipment used to get desired shape and size.
- Drilling: If there is a requirement of a hole, drilling comes into the picture. In this, with the help of driller, circular holes created with requisite depth.
- Milling: It is used to produce non-circular holes in a metal form.
- Welding: This process is used to join two pieces of metal into a single piece. By using heat and a binding material, two or many pieces can join into single one. If you want to learn to weld you can check this blog.
- Forging: It is compressing a shape into a specific adjustable thickness.
In addition, other fabrication processes are also used such as double- disk grinding, bending, circle or ring sawing, chamfering, edge trimming, cutting to length, pipe threading and so on.
Once the fabrication process is complete, most metal supply companies will either ship the final metal part or will even provide a deliver and installation service.
What Can Be Made With The Fabrication Process?
Creation of the metal product is fully depends on your imagination. Here are few examples of constructs which have gone through the fabrication process.
● Stainless steel kitchen racks
● Stainless Steel Backsplash
● Custom metal arts
● Custom metal signs
● Aluminum diamond plates for various DIY applications
● Stainless Steel Trays
● Aluminum Boxes and trays
● Corner Guards
● or anything else you can imagine.
Finding Your Metal Fabricator
An expert in metal fabrication works efficiently to create any structure you need. Whether it is a small part of a project or a large construction project. For your DIY and home improvement projects you may want to consider MetalsCut4u.com.
MetalsCut4U is a precision metal fabricator located in the USA, shipping throughout the nation. Their experienced engineers and fabricators are offering custom metal fabrication services for your custom needs.