Intentional efforts must be taken by the teachers and the students must be taught tolerance and cultural understanding. You can assign assignments to write about culture. Provide assignment help sydney to students who find any difficulty during the process of studying cultural subject.
Following are the 10 subjects of culture with the help of which you can bring the cultural understanding up.
1. Clothing: Traditional dress is a clear identification that tells us about the culture of the person. When the students study overseas, they often take traditional piece of clothing with them. If you are teaching the clothing subject, you can try to invite students for a traditional day with traditional dresses or you can ask them to bring their pictures in traditional clothing. Give equal consideration to every student and describe the significance of various traditional clothes. Answer the questions of students and encourage them to get involved in the activity.
2. Food: There can be dramatic differences in the diet of students from a different culture. In your class, you can ask students to bring dishes that are typically famous in their culture or country. Have a food fair, where every student will present national dish and a little taste will be gotten by everyone. You can conduct a discussion about recipe of dishes.
3. Music: Traditional instrument is a good way to know about the culture of a student. Popular music from the country could be played in class for a fun activity. Involve students to play their traditional instruments from their countries and encourage open conversation among the students. Keep the atmosphere sensitive about what everyone shares.
4. Holidays: Traditional holidays are the best, entertaining fun and full of joy. Discuss with the class about traditional holidays and significance, history and origin about the holiday. Talk about the family and national traditions that are followed on those days. Every student can give interesting and different information that can be enjoyable for the class.
5. Time: How do the students spend their time? This question is very exciting while talking about the subject of culture. Generally, the schedule followed by the person reflects his/her beliefs and values. How much time is spent doing different activities? This is a good question you can raise in your class for quality discussion. You can get to know about different schedules of students from various cultures. Students must be taught to appreciate and understand the values of other classmates.
6. Family: Not only an individual but families also hold different values which are passed to the children. Talk about the values held by the families of students and open doors to share something about family. The discussion can lead to cultural understanding and knowledge about different opportunities of other cultures.
7. History: Historical events are very significant in describing the cultural events and past of country. Ask the students about the activities from the history of their culture. You can add a layer of understanding by introducing the subject of historical perspectives. Different historical events from various cultures can influence students from other cultures. Let the students have a chance to get an insight into history of different cultures.
8. Traditional stories. Folk tales are very beautiful and everyone loves listening to such stories. Tell students to explain the people who play prominent roles in the stories. You can spread motivation and encourage your class to face different challenges.
9. Religion: You must allow students to share their religious beliefs, though it is not an essential cultural factor in every case. There are some valuable opportunities that students get to know when they understand one another. Encourage students to share some valuable practices about religious beliefs. Also, discuss if any issue arises during the discussion. Make sure that students learn to be tolerant about the beliefs of classmates and proceed every step carefully.
10. Money: Though the currency has nothing to do with the culture of a person, still it an interesting topic to know about the country. The design of the currency and imprints on the coins and notes tells a lot about the country and its cultures. Conduct an activity where students will bring notes and by passing it around, students will get a chance to talk about the currency.
Every aspect is permeated the culture of our beings. The above-given factors can be used to bring out the discussion in your class.
P.S. If you enjoyed the above-given article, please share it. If you want to learn writing skills, get write my essay service.
Leave a Reply