This year, your parents will be crossing another milestone as a married couple. It’s a day to celebrate! You would not be able to throw a grand party in their honour; however, still, there are ways to make their D-day special and memorable.
To help you out, we have curated a list of wedding celebration ideas that won’t cost you a fortune yet will fill the day with all the happiness your parents deserve.
- 1. A Midnight Surprise: Midnight surprises on anniversaries is like a ritual. Plan a family midnight surprise. Decorate a room, bake a happy marriage anniversary cake (with a few ingredients you can bake a cake), buy a gift for them, and give them a midnight surprise. If your father loves drinks, you can pop and pour some champagne afterwards.
- 2. Record Messages and Wishes: All of your parent’s friends and relatives could not come to wish them personally; therefore, here’s a digital way of celebrating. Ask all the persons closed to your parents to record an anniversary message for them. Record one from your side as well. Compile them in a video (You can take help of video making apps) and screen it on the Tv. Even from far away, they would feel the blessings. Then, schedule a zoom video call where they can thank everyone and have a nice chit-chat session.
- 3. A Dance Party: Yes! Make a playlist of the favourite songs of your mom and dad and some of the romantic songs from their era. Then, ask your mom and dad to shake a leg on the numbers. Later, you all can join them and have a dance party at your house. If your mom or dad loves singing as well, go for karaoke night, followed by snacks. Most importantly, do not forget to make a video for memories.
- 4. Re-create Their Wedding Day: Decorate your home or just a living room with marigold flowers and drapes. Redesign your parent’s wedding attires. Get them ready, make them exchange the garlands and vows. Make some new traditions, like cutting a cake, exchange of rings, etc. etc. You can make online delivery of cakes in Hyderabad at your doorstep from any reputed bakery.
- 5. Plan Games and Treasure Hunt: If your parents are quite sporty, have a fun wedding anniversary celebration. Make your parents play couple games and this way even you would get to know how much they know each other. You can play treasure hunt with them with unique rewards for each win, etc.
- 6. Watch Their Wedding Video: This one is a simple yet sentimental idea to celebrate the wedding anniversary of your parents. Grab some snacks and watch their wedding video and album. This way, your parents would live the old memories. Make it more engaging by knowing the story behind some of the photographs, and how they meet and fall in love. Let the day be all about them and their love.
So, with these ideas, you can celebrate your parents’ anniversary in a fun and sentimental way without breaking the bank.