Roadrunner mail has become one of the most popular mailing services due to its efficient features. This emailing service provides various additional services to the user. But getting roadrunner email problems is also very common. The user can get into an error while using this email service very frequently. The error on your Roadrunner can appear due to various reasons.
Reasons for getting Roadrunner related errors:
- IMAP or POP3 servers are not configured properly
- You are entering the wrong credentials
- Your internet connection is not stable
- The user is unable to sync the Roadrunner contacts
- Roadrunner email gets temporarily blocked due to inactivity or suspicious behaviour
Best ways to fix Roadrunner email problems:
Check the settings
Users can get the error on Roadrunner when the IMAP or POP3 are not configured properly. When you get any issue while using Roadrunner then check the Roadrunner settings immediately:
Check the RR incoming server:
- Username: Enter the email address
- Password: Type your RR password
- Server: pop-server.maine.rr.com
- Port: 110
- Security Type: None
Check the RR outgoing server:
- Server: smtp-server.mainne.rr.com
- Proxy: 587 or 25
- Username: [email protected]
- Password: Your RR password
- Security Type: None
- Require Sign-in: Check
After configuring the RR settings, try to send a mail with your Roadrunner email account.
Check the size of the attached file
Sometimes users get the error on RR when he is trying to attach a heavy file on Roadrunner. RR allows the user to add a fix of a certain size. If you are trying to add a large file then it will show you the error. Check the size of the file and then attach it. If the file size is large then try to send it in parts or use another medium to send it. Make sure you are sending an appropriate with RR. You can’t send all types of files with Roadrunner. Check the guidelines of the items you can send via Roadrunner and then attach the file.
Unlock your Roadrunner account
Your account may have been temporarily disabled if you are inactive for a long time. Roadrunner may also disable your account when it suspects any kind of suspicious activity on your account. In that case, you need to reset the TWC password. Reset your account password and then check whether your RR account is not working or not.
Check for Roadrunner credentials
Sometimes users enter the wrong credentials which causes the error. While entering the password, check the caps lock. Make sure you are entering the correct password of your Roadrunner account. If you have forgotten your Roadrunner email password then you need to reset it. Here are the steps for resetting the Roadrunner email password:
- Open the device and go to the internet browser
- Search for Roadrunner webmail page
- Click on the sign-in page
- Enter your email address
- Click on Forgot email password option
- Type your Roadrunner email address
- Click on I am not a robot checkbox
- Hit the submit button
- Mac address of your Modem wizard will appear
- Choose How to check your cable Modem ID option
- Enter your MAC address and tap the submit button
A password reset page will appear on your screen. Type a new password for your Roadrunner email account. Now you can use the new password for logging in at the Roadrunner email address.
Disable the VPN
The error on opening a Roadrunner account can appear when the user has enabled the VPN on his device. VPN changes the address of your device. When the Roadrunner suspects that your account has been logged in from two different locations; it blocks it for security reasons. Disable the VPN from your device and then try to log in to the account. Logout Roadrunner accounts from other devices and then try to log in. Also, disable the firewall as it sometimes blocks the incoming traffic. If your Roadrunner is still not working, then enable the firewall and ask the technical team for help.