Cooking is an essential activity necessary for living a healthy life. Hence, the kitchen becomes the most-used space of your home as you spend maximum active time within the space. No matter whether the kitchen size is small or big, keeping the space in an organized form can be a challenging job.
Among all the things that can add to the mess of the kitchen, the messy bin can actually ruin the aesthetic and functionality of a peasant kitchen. The sad truth about kitchen wastes is that they are everything you don’t like- smelly, messy, and unorganized.
It is time to find out how to store the wastes in an organized small space. You should also start learning how to prevent the compost from stinking. For a perfect kitchen space without the wastes making the space unpleasant for working, you need the perfect integrated kitchen bins that can go a long way in improving the cleanliness of the area.
Here are some effective tips for trash management that will definitely offer a long-term solution.
Tip #1: Consider the layout of the kitchen space
If you are planning to implement an accurate kitchen trash system for the space, you need first to have a good idea about the room layout.
- The ideal kitchen layout is where there will be separate zones for cooking, preparation, and cleaning.
- The spaces should be separate but not too far from each other as you need to work in that space with a continuous loop of activities involving the three sections.
- The cleaning zone is the ideal place for placing your trash bin.
You need to ensure that the waste bin is away from the fresh food zone. But the bin should also be near the exit for convenience in taking it out or recycling the compost later.
Tip #2: Planning the management outside the kitchen
Do you think the production, organization and control of the kitchen wastes end in the kitchen only? The answer is a big “no.” an effective kitchen waste management system comprises of transferring the wastes to the outside bin and consequently to the recycling collectors.
- Take care to move the wastes smoothly and efficiently to the outside bin.
- The movement of garbage should be ideally through a clear line from the preparation area to the bin and then to the outside bin for the final collection.
Now, you have to place the outside bin relatively near to your house and also ensure maintaining the clear path to move directly to the collection point. Naturally, it is better to refrain from keeping the landscaping along the way. For more effortless movement, there should not be steps on the way.
Tip #3: Select the built-in bins
If you are building a new house or remodeling the kitchen, you should use the opportunity to kip the kitchen bins in such an area where you can access the bin effortlessly and also hide it.
- The built-in bins are easy but inexpensive options that will help you free a lot of floor space. It helps in maintaining the clutter-free look of the kitchen.
- You can also add small or medium-sized containers as attachments to the cabinet doors. As a result, when you open the cabinet door, the slide or swing will open, exposing the bin for easy disposal of wastes.
- Install a countertop that has a waste shoot system with a lid. The bin will remain away from sight in the cabinet below.
The fitted bin is always an aesthetically pleasing alternative to the regular bins. There will be the least chance of contaminating the kitchen as the bin will remain closed most of the time.
Tip #4: Plan for recycling
Recycling is vital to ensure that the planet is safe and the landfills do not reach the stage of exhaustion before complete composting. Reduce, reuse, and recycle- these three terms need perfect implementation through the arrangement and planning of kitchen waste bins in all of your houses.
It is a great idea to fit three recycling bins if there is enough space as paper, glass, and plastic do not naturally decompose. The small garbage bins are ideal for 100% wastes to encourage the purchase of more recyclable materials.
The proper organization of the waste management systems in your kitchen supports a healthy and hygienic lifestyle.
Leave a Reply