Digital marketing is becoming increasingly important as the internet continues to penetrate every corner of the world. At the core of any marketing manager’s role is resource distribution. While planning your business financially in 2021, digital marketing is one of the key areas which needs to be paid due importance.
Whether you operate in B2B or B2C, one question will always haunt you, “What resources should I prioritize in my digital marketing strategy to gain favorable outcomes?” You need to pay proper attention to this question and shall identify the key areas where you need to invest to achieve your marketing goals.
When it comes to allocating budget to your digital marketing strategy, various options depend upon the objectives you want to achieve. One can’t always find a “one size fits all” answer to every problem.
Hence, several factors can overall make your budgeting worth the effort, which will discuss in the article below.
There are thousands of users looking to make a purchase online. One can avail of a large chunk of such potential buyers by effectively allocating resources based on the factors given below:
1. The 70-20-10 rule
This rule is fundamental to any business house that deals with digital marketing. Allow us to help you break it down.
• Allocate 70% of the budget on the current scenario: The companies must maintain 70% of their marketing budget in ‘now’, which constitutes the best practices that work well for your business.
This is a safe area to invest in since you are already aware of those resources that work well for your marketing strategy and can be optimized further to drive productive results.
• Spend the next 20% on the ‘next’: The next 20% of your budget should be directed towards what is at the forefront. This ‘what’ can include new strategies, like a new product, service, offer, or new target audience.
By properly investing this 20%, one can propel his/her business forward and get new conversions.
• Spend the rest 10% on something new: The rest 10% of your budget can be attributed to a new idea which can be upcoming technology or any new marketing idea.
Taking risks is vital to any business growth story. Hence, to stay over your competitors, investing in new and dynamic ideas should occupy that 10% slot of your marketing budget.
2. Business objectives
While planning your marketing budget, your business goals matter. Think what are the specific objectives as well as ambitious targets you wish to achieve and then come with a list of ranked primacies.
Moreover, you need to consider the long-term plan as well. What is the status of your industry, in which direction your potential audience is headed, etc. Visualize the market situation 4-5 years from now and try to anticipate anything which might be worth your budget allocation.
Your marketing budget must incorporate those channels that can help you improve brand reputation in the online world. Also, it needs to make an impact an impact over your target audience so that they could pick you over your competitors.
3. Channels that matter
Before you set your marketing budget, here are a few digital marketing channels that deserve your attention for your budget 2021.
• SEO: SEO or Search Engine Optimization is one such term which everybody is talking about, but only a handful of them understand what it means, why it is important and how it performs. If you are one of them, then there is only one thing you need to keep in mind, SEO helps to improve your website’s rank in search results and helps your business to reach valuable traffic.
To get the most out of your SEO budget, you need to stay in touch with the latest trends.
If you need to make your business future secure, you need to invest in SEO. It may take some time to deliver some results, but when it does, you will automatically begin investing more funds in this channel.
• Videos: First, graphics were a way to win over the audience. At present and in the future, videos will rule over the internet and will be the most preferred choice for businesses as well as the online audience. Hence, in addition to SEO, Video SEO is going to be worth your investment in 2021.
Videos will occupy a significant space in these posts, which in turn, will not only make blog posts more readable and attractive but even enhance online exposure and authority for your business.
• PPC advertising: PPC or Pay-Per-Click advertising will be optimized further to drive great outcomes for your marketing strategy. It is a great tactic, which appears in the form of ads at the top of the search engine results page, to lead more quality leads, and direct them for conversions.
With PPC, you can plan your budget in several ways, which if performed effectively, can all be beneficial. Your business can become a success story, provided you are prepared to invest in this medium of advertising.
As search techniques continue to evolve, there will be new and better-optimized ways by which a user can search online. In 2021, one may need to adapt to such changes and allocate a part of your budget to fit in these changes comfortably.
• Email marketing: Email marketing allows your business to get in contact with those leads who are eager to know more about your brand. Missing out on this cost-effective and result-oriented channel can prove to be a blunder for your marketing objectives.
If your subscriber base gets increased, that means more people have registered themselves for email sign-up. This shows more users are willing to hear from your business. You can target them by sending them appealing messages to get them influenced by your products or services.
To know how to run email marketing campaigns to achieve with your marketing budget, you can even take training from the best institute for digital marketing in delhi.
Hence, to drive great benefits, one needs to properly allocate a significant chunk of his/her budget in email marketing in 2021.
Start Budgeting Today!
So, as you prepare to plan your 2021 digital marketing budget, the above-mentioned factors can immensely help you understand where you need to put in your money.
Also, don’t call it a day until you have taken an in-depth review of your budget and get it consulted with an expert. Optimize, tweak, and then repeat until your budget is finalized.